Location: Texas A&M University, 214 Scoates Hall (click here to see map)
This course will provide a review of the irrigation system design process and complete instruction on the use of the ProContractor Studio Software for irrigation system design. The features and capabilities of commercial irrigation computer aided design software will be presented. Students will gain a functional knowledge of CAD software, and be able to use the software to design an irrigation system for a typical, large residence.
- the menu system of CAD software
- use of the sprinkler database for selecting and locating heads
- completing and importing site drawings
- assigning zones
- manual and automatic pipe sizing
- hydraulic calculations
- producing material and cost estimates
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- The Irrigation CAD course is essential for anyone responsible for designing or installing irrigation systems on urban landscapes such as residential lawns, sports fields, parks, commercial properties and golf courses.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
- The TCEQ has approved the offered course for 16 hours of continuing education credits for Licensed Irrigators, Technicians and Inspectors.
WHAT TO BRING
- Students should bring materials for taking notes. While not necessary, students are welcome to bring lap top computers for use in this class.
- Maximum of 10 registrants for this class.
- This in person class will follow all currently active COVID restrictions for face to face activity including social distancing and requirements for face mask.
- Course offering and enrollment capacity is subject to change due to any updated State, University or Agency guidelines as a result of COVID19.
If a cancellation becomes necessary, please send notification to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received no later than June 13, 2021 will be issued a $270 refund.